There is a lot of stuff happening in WA’s craft beer scene that it’s genuinely hard to keep up with all the new beer releases and WA really is kicking ass when it comes to craft beer and so I thought I’d try and make a regular feature out of all the new beery goodness our state has to offer.
The girl+beer Facebook page has a list of upcoming beer events that you might find worth subscribing to!
Innate Brewers have used lupulin powder for their single batch Red IPA, a limited release brew that started to hit taps from Friday 21 July. Lupulin powder is concentrated whole-leaf hops with all the resins, oils and good stuff that imparts intense hop flavor and aroma.
Upcoming Event // Innate Brewers and Homestead Brewery will be hosting the next Brewer’s Loft event upstairs at The Queens – $5 pints and meet the brewers!
Three Rivers Brewing
Mandurah brewery Three Rivers recently released their winter seasonal Black Knight, a 7 percent ABV coffee stout, recently spotted on social media pouring at The Sail & Anchor from the hand pump.
Boss is Boston Brewing’s premium lager. Usually only available on tap but this has just had a release in 375ml cans. It’s 4.8 percent ABV and it won a Silver medal at this years Perth Royal Beer Awards and promises to be “crisp and refreshing easy drinking lager.”
And don’t forget …
9.5 percent ABV whiskey barrel-aged coconut and vanilla imperial stout
11.7 percent ABV imperial stout
White Lakes Brewing in Baldivis are coming up on their first birthday this month. White Lakes Brewing is located on Old Mandurah Road overlooking Lake Walyungup, a 430 hectare salt lake, with six beers on tap right now including –
- Draught – a German style pilsener
- Wit – a Belgian style wheat beer that won silver at this years Australian International Beer Awards
- Standard – an English bitter that won gold at this years Australian International Beer Awards
- Pilsener – a Bohemian style pilsener
- Dark – a German Schwarzbier that won silver at this years Australian International Beer Awards
- Summer – an English summer ale
- Pale – an American pale ale featuring Mosaic and Wai-Ti hops, a bronze medal winner at this years Australian International Beer Awards