Alright, folks. It’s that time of year again and as always I have left my voting to the last minute.
I am, of course, talking about the Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beer poll.
Finding out what the most loved Australian beers of year has been is always fun, always brings some kind of debate and, generally ends with Feral Hop Hog taking out number one position. If they repeat this, who cares? Well a lot of people probably, but it doesn’t mean the poll isn’t any less interesting or fun. Don’t forget folks, beer is about the fun!
So, here’s what I voted for and, as always, it didn’t take hours for me to put this list together, it’s a list of beers I have loved and would recommend any beer lover to seek out (if able to, of course).
- Nail Red Ale – love this beer and love that I work for Nail now. Damn right I’m voting for this gorgeous beer.
- Pirate Life IIPA – crazy great beer, epic 500ml can and beautiful branding.
- Boatrocker Orange Sherbet – I’m so in love with Boatrocker and this beer is perfect.
- Colonial Small Ale – the reduced alcohol beer that still tastes great and all inside a super fun can. Seriously, I love the POP it makes!
- Feral War Hog – Wow. A beer that slaps you around a bit but damn if it isn’t one of the finest beers to come out of Feral.
If I could fit more, well Monk R2D8 would be in there for sure. As would Boatrocker Banshee and Eagle Bay Citrus IPA. Damn it’s hard to fill just five spots.
Voting closes at 11.59pm AEST TODAY (Monday 18th January) so get voting now if you haven’t already!