5 minutes with … a 5 minute/5 question interview with great beer loving people …
This edition of 5 minutes with features Josh Daley, one of the directors and all-round-nice-guy at Mane Liquor.
WA Beer Week is coming up fast … it all starts on Saturday so make sure you get your tickets booked to avoid disappointment. Old Faithful goes Feral, an event with Feral Brewing at Old Faithful Bar & BBQ just sold out late last week and as we get closer, more and more events will follow suit.
Mane Liquor, one of Perth’s best beer stores, is on Great Eastern Highway and even though there are no less than four liquor stores between my house and there, I will still drive to Mane. Why? Because the range of beer is amazing and because Josh, Elliot and all their staff are great people who are happy to chat all things booze. You could teach someone a lot about customer service if you spent an hour at Mane Liquor.
With such an impeccable reputation for beer it is unsurprising that Mane are heavily involved in WA Beer Week. They will be kicking off proceedings with the Mane Liquor Beer Spectacular on Saturday 25th October with an afternoon of beer, music by Perth’s radio station RTRFM and food by Beersine, Toastface Grillah and more.
I caught up with Josh, one of the directors at Mane Liqour, to chat about WA Beer Week and what beers are currently in his fridge …
There are a record number of events for WA Beer Week this year, why do you think this is?
Mane Liquor on Twitter
Your event with Baby Mammoth – We Want Sour – has rated pretty high on a lot of peoples wish-list of events, what do you think has got people so excited?
What otHer WA Beer Week events are you keen to check out?
What advice would you offer to anyone going into their first WA Beer Week?
What five beers are currently in your fridge at home?
- Mikkeller George vs Brian Tequila barrel aged… this beer is just ridiculously good. I thought I died and went to heaven when I drank this so I had to replace the gap in my fridge with another one.
- Eagle Bay Pale Ale – pretty much my go-to carton beer, always good, always fresh and well priced.
- Bootleg Speakeasy IPA – one of my favourite IPA’s
- Exit Milk Stout – for a 5.2% stout, this is billowing with flavour
- Kaiju Cthulhu – love Black IPA’s and this is one of the best Aussie ones I have got my hands on. It’s always a toss up between this and their Behemoth but this having the lower ABV means I’m more likely to want to open this by myself.
Thanks Josh for your time for this interview!
Catch Josh during WA Beer Week at all three Mane Liquor events –
- Saturday 25 October – Mane Liquor Beer Spectacular
- Tuesday 28 October – Dude Food and Beer Degustation
- Thursday 30 October – We Want Sour!